Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lots of neat pictures!

July 11, 2016

We started off this week with a super cool hike with some of the other elders.  We saw lots of cool Buddhist stuff and had a great view at the top of all the clouds whirling around us.  It was a great start to a fast week.  We met Pres. and Sis. Madsen and they are amazing!  They are so strong and dedicated.  I know this mission will continue to do great things with them.  I had a wonderful interview with him and he talked about how we don’t know the influence we have had until a long ways down the road.  We teared up several times together in our quick interview.  Haha he is a wonderful man.

In news with Park Jongmoon he came out to church yesterday!  He was a little shy though.  But it went well and he also passed his baptismal interview with my good friend Elder Skouson.  He said that he will choose between the 17th or 24th for his baptism!  He wants to do it before I leave, which makes me a little worried that he’s doing it mainly for us, so we’ll talk with him about it.  Hopefully he doesn’t stop moving forward and is serious about making the commitment to follow the Savior.  He is a great guy and I want the best for him.

We had 1 other lesson this week and you probably can’t guess who it was with.  An Iraqi fighter pilot!  His name is Faddi and he’s here in Korea getting military training.  He’s a pretty devout Muslim and we learned a lot about Islam.  It’s definitely not what I thought.  They pretty much believe everything we do except for a few variations concerning Christ.  But they accept Him as a prophet, believe in the Bible, and believe He will come again.  It was kind of hard to teach him because he like already knew it all plus a little bit more from his Muslim stuff.  Pretty interesting. 

The missionaries in our ward (6 of us) had to sing in sacrament meeting which was a little embarrassing, but ok.  We had a solid week and I am grateful for the time I have to serve the Lord and share this great message.  This work is His work, and this church is His church.  I know it and I am grateful to have been blessed with this time to strengthen my faith and relationship with our Father in Heaven.

Love,
Elder Jace Anderson














1 comment: