Monday, July 4, 2016

I realized something new

June 27, 2016

We had an interesting last week.  Mostly because Elder Groves got pretty sick so we spent a lot of time either at home or on splits so I could still work during my last transfer.  He eventually went to the hospital and got some help so he is doing better and can work now.  He’s done very well of not complaining and doing what he can.  President Shin goes home this week so we had a goodbye meeting with him.  He has worked very hard and has left some big shoes for Pres. Madsen to fill.  He has been a wonderful role model and I feel very blessed to have been able to serve with him.

Elder Park and I met Park Jongmoon now that he’s back in Korea.  He’s such a great guy, and I think we’ve decided on him getting baptized the next time he comes out to church.  Hopefully that happens before I go home.  We were able to meet 2 other people, buy they’re what we call “English sucks” here.  The fireman guy just won’t stop asking English questions during the gospel portion, and our new investigator, Kwak Duhyoung, could have potential but he’s mostly English interest and just got busy because he just got a job.  Darn.  But it’s ok, if things work out with Park Jongmoon it will all be worth it.

I realized something new the other day.  Since my time is running short, I have been praying to be able to baptize before I leave.  But as I was doing so, I realized that baptism is not something for me.  Giving baptism is not what’s important, but receiving baptism is.  I think I have spent too much time worrying about baptizing rather than what I can do to help others receive baptism.  Of course, they are related, but the driving force behind it is different.  I am going to do my best to make love for others and for God and the gospel be my reason for serving rather than doing it for my own personal reasons or satisfaction.  Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf.  Please pray especially for Park Jongmoon so that he will strengthen his desire to follow Christ and be able to come out to church.  I feel so blessed to have all of you back home cheering me on.  Thank you for always supporting me and helping me on this journey.  I have definitely learned that we cannot know how great of an impact we have had through our efforts, so I am grateful that you have all continued to support and strengthen me.  I love you all and hope you have an enjoyable week and spend some time in the service of others.

          Love,

          Elder Jace Anderson
Some of my group that will leave this transfer. 

Some people from my mtc group!

A cool pond park place

 

No comments:

Post a Comment