Monday, July 4, 2016

Share Personal Experiences


June 20, 2016

The ghettoish part of our area.  At least it's pretty!



Some of my favorite people ever!  This is Jobert, he's super cool.  Just like all Filipinos.  Haha


The new Filipinas and Walter.  He came to stake conference yesterday!

Happy birthday Sister McQueen!

Our new fireman investigator

Bowling!  I got a 185.  Are you impressed?

Elder Groves and I did some goal finding this last week.  We are meeting this guy from Nepal named Nirp.  He’s pretty cool and seems really open to learning more.  He likes Christianity because it actually has evidence unlike other religions which are more like superstitions.  Hopefully we keep meeting and he progresses!  Our other new investigator is Sun Jichul, a local fireman.  We met him on the street and he had interest in learning English.  He’s about 50 years old and is just a super nice guy.  We’ve only met him once, but he’s showing interest in learning more.  We are also meeting a new investigator tonight and probably one on Wednesday as well.  Hopefully one progresses really fast so they can get baptized before I leave.

The group above me went home and I met 3 of their families this last week as they’ve been traveling around.  President also goes home in like 2 weeks I think.  Things are definitely starting to feel more real that the end is close.  But I am very grateful that I still have the time that I do, and will give it my best effort to the end.
 
As far as our other investigators, Park Jongmoon should be back from his honeymoon now so hopefully we can meet and he progresses.  The other 2 are pretty much the same.

Sadly, Sister Orongan left us last week, she was replaced by 2 more Filipinas.  One of them is Sister Paller, who Marissa met in the Philippines!  It has been fun hearing from her about how great a missionary Marissa was and how hard she worked.  The 3 Filipinas will just be here for 2 or 3 more weeks and then will be heading home.  And then we get their awesome investigators!  Haha.

Hmm.  What else…ahh our somewhat cynical investigator told us to share more personal experiences and teach through them.  It has been really good for me to search for those experiences I have had.  It has helped me recognize and remember them, and I am grateful for his suggestion.  We may start to question or even forget things we once felt, but as we use our past to propel us forward continually striving to have faith building experiences we will be able to continue on the path that leads us to the brightest future.  I am grateful for the experiences I have had on my mission and for a God and Redeemer who do not give up on us.  This last week I was struggling a bit thinking that it seems like God has forgotten about me.  I work hard and pray to baptize, but after 22 months there still has been nothing.  But I know that God has seen my efforts, heard my prayers, and will consecrate all my experiences for my good.

          Love,

          Elder Jace Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment