Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week One, Check

July 31, 2014
 
Well I made it through my first week and honestly it couldnt have been any better. My comp is ELder Tishcner from Mapleton and he is awesome! He's so smart and we get along great. Im really loving my district. Ive connected so well with my district, faster than any group before. We have a lot of fun together, but maybe too much sometimes. THeres just one elder who has a bad attitude about how much study time we have without a teacher and how we wishes he was going english speaking. I was surprised with how little time we have with a teacher but that time alone is soooo valuable and hteres so much to do. 

Korean is tough, but it really is coming along. On friday, 2 days after arriving, we gave our first lesson, all in korean. ANd it went soo well!!! I blew myself away. We have already given 5 lessons, all in korean, after just one week. We even got our first baptismal commitment, too bad it was fake. Even though she was acting i was still so happy to hear her so yes. I really hope that i can get the same feeling for real in korea. 

THe mtc has honestly been so great, i couldnt be happier with it. Only 8 more weeks to go until i am with the wonderful people of korea. WE had some natives come in yesterday, and holy moly its tough to understand them. I thought i was doing good in korean, but ive got a ways to go. Im happy with how far ive come, but not satisfied. IM going to keep working super hard so i can help these amazing people. 

I had a funny thing happen this week. I received a dear elder for a jacob anderson, and boy was it juicy! His girlfriend, "Blair BLiss" really really misses him and "holy hannah montana i cant wait until we are tangible again ;):):)" hahaha i shared it with my district and we were all dying!!! I got another one from her and took it to the mail center. THey said theres nothing they can do about it. So ill probabgly be gettign some more scandalous letters from this girl. Haha

THe gift of tongues is real for sure. After just 3 days, i can say my prayers in full korean. I put together the sentence "we will be resurrected because Christ overcame death" and our investigator completely understood! Korean is completely backwards. To say Christ atoned for our sins you say Christ our sins for atoned. THe greammar is definitely the hardest part. BUt we have an awesome teacher! Even though he hasnt said a lick of english, hes great! We also have great grammar books that help us put together sentences. 

Ive learned to appreciate little things here, such as the cafeteria people giving you a smaller portion, and actually taking a solid poop. WHich i have sadly only done once. BUt its great here!! THe days can seem long at times, but at night you look back and it flew by. It honestly feels like sunday was yesterday, but we're almost to the next one! SUndays are the best!! Ive been to the best preisthood meeting ever and sacrament meeting is great. I love singing in korean! Each week they pick an elder and sister to speak in sacrament. You get the topic beforehand, nbut nooone knows who will speak. So everyone needs to be prepared!! Luckily i didnt have to do it my fisrt week. 
THe korean branch is the biggest in the mtc and is known as the celestial branch. ONly the best go to Korea! OR so ive heard. Also all our classes and rooms are on the highest floors. Celestial!!! All the people here are so friendly and i feel more accepted than ever before. I only get this experience once, so Im doing my best to make the most out of my time. ANd i need to do a whole lot of prep for korea! Its no wonder why im in here for 9 weeks. I wouldnt change anything though, my mission, my comp, anything! I really do love it here and wish that the mtc had a better rep. 

The church is true!! And it is the only path back to live with and as our heavenly father. Im so grateful for the atonement and for being born into the gospel. I cant wait to share this beautiful message with the people of Korea. 

I love and miss you all.

Love, Elder Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment