Sunday, April 5, 2015

It's Easter?


April 6, 2015

          So I had no idea that it was Easter until I saw Pres. and Sis. Shin after church and they gave me an egg.  But Happy Easter everyone!  And I hope you all enjoyed conference.  I know that I will next week.

          We met with Mark (one of our Chinese) this week and talked about baptism.  I said things and gave promises that I never thought I would, such as being a hero to the people of China as he helped to bring them the truth.  I really think that he would play a huge role and his name would go down in history and beyond.  Yet sadly he declined.  He doesn’t want to disrespect his parents by becoming a Christian, just wants to learn, not join a church, and frankly does not yet believe.  We met the other 3 ones at an authentic Chinese restaurant and talked about the Book of Mormon, but they don’t seem to care that much.  None of them, Mark included, came to church and we have not been able to contact them since we met last.  They are definitely more friend interested than gospel, and it’s sad to see them drift away from this great chance. 

          We did find a new guy on the street though!  Except he is obsessed with the Book of Revelations and is probably from this super crazy church here.

          We were actually able to visit with a few members this week which went really well, so I’m happy about that. 

          I had an interview with Pres (and passed our house inspection) and he said it seems like I have a lot more confidence now, which I’d say is true.  I’ve grown a lot myself.  Now I just want to find someone who is willing to do the same.  We’re meeting with several people but no one is really “investigating” the church.  But we’re giving them the chance and doing our best.

          -Elder Jace Anderson

                              me and my comp and the cutest korean elder haha


No comments:

Post a Comment