Monday, November 23, 2015

Sad Leaving Iksan


November 23, 2015

          Well, things are quite different now.  I am now in Gwangju, a huge city, in the Nong Seong ward.  There are about 150 active members and 8 missionaries.  My comp is Elder Dubois from Draper, he went to Alta so knows some of my YMAD friends.  He came to Korea just one transfer before me.  He’s the zone leader and I am the district leader for the ward.  I’m not going to lie, things are pretty overwhelming.  The city’s huge, the ward’s huge, and things have been pretty crazy because of the start of the transfer.

          I’m not going to lie, I miss Iksan.  I miss knowing what’s going on, what we need to do, and being comfortable.  I definitely have been thrown out of my comfort zone.  But things went pretty well before I left, and Bishop said that he wished I could stay another transfer.  There are a ton of members here, so it’s quite the difference and I realized how poor I still am with talking with new people.  Hopefully things get better.

          We have a few investigators, but have only been able to meet 2 so far.  All our investigators are pretty young, and I’m used to old guys.  Haha.  We do have a Filipino investigator named Jonathan who has a baptism date for December 23 I believe.  I haven’t met him yet though.  It sounds like he has some issues with tithing and the word of wisdom though.  Hopefully we can help him out!

          Oh yeah, do you all remember my Iksan investigator named Kim Youngyur?  Well, he got super sad when I said I was leaving so he took us out to dinner my last night and said he wrote me a letter.

          It was pretty sad leaving Iksan, and we had a whopping 7 appointments my last day.  So crazy!  I hope I can get a bit more comfortable here and get things figured out a bit more.  It should be good though and there are great things in store!

          Love, Elder Jace Anderson
My old house

Our bishop (Iksan)

One of our members
 

No comments:

Post a Comment