Monday, October 6, 2014

Still Going


October 5, 2014

Well, I got my first week of my first transfer done! It seems like it is going to last forever, but I know it will go fast. This week has been somewhat difficult. I don’t feel like I have been trained, by my trainer, as well as possible, but I’m still chugging along! It’s tough not knowing what’s going on, and only picking up a few words here and there and having no idea how they are being pieced together. Because of this, I have been kind of bad about opening my mouth. I was walking home the other day, and a guy was next to me. I kept feeling like I should talk to him, but I kept pushing it aside. Eventually, I didn’t talk to him and I felt like crap. I had the feeling like I had just killed him and sent his soul to eternal misery because I didn’t share my message with him. Man, I still feel terrible about it. I never want to feel that way again, so I’m trying to be better about talking to people.
 
After church, this guy wanted help with English, but Elder Jung was busy. He told me it was ok to go in another room with him. I went, but had a bad feeling about it. I started to help, but then stood up for the rules, even when my companion said it was ok. The guy seemed a little frustrated, but got help later. M comp is always treating the rules as being flexible. On the way home, this white guy came up to me and basically just handed me his number. He’s an English teacher and has been to our church a few times. We talked and he left on the bus. I had the thought come saying, "this is for your obedience. Treat him well." it was a cool experience. I really hope things go well when we contact him again.

Well, that’s about it. Just trying to find people to teach and overcome my fears. Keep up the good work everyone! Thanks for all the support!!!
 
Elder Anderson


 Here's me, the trainee, doing my own training alone while my "trainer" sleeps

It was Elder Kunzler's birthday, so while stranded in Daejeon after a conference we ate some cake

No comments:

Post a Comment