Sunday, February 22, 2015

Where's the food?

2-25-15
Today officially marks my 7th month mark since leaving home.  And 5 here in the field.  (Daejeon means “great field” so it is pretty fitting).  Although it has only been a few days since I last emailed, it has actually been somewhat eventful!  First off, we found this American family that goes to the English ward and talked to their kids for a little bit.  Man, I sure do miss good ol’ American families.  Except we were able to have the best member visit ever with this one couple in the ward.  We knocked on the door (without warning is the only way to do it) and they let us in and made some fruit smoothies!  We had a great relaxed conversation and then shared D&C 1:38 and talked about General Conference.  Our zone has a goal for each companionship to have someone at each session.  We asked if they would pray for us to accomplish our goal.  And the husband said that he would like to find someone that we could bring!!!  So great!  I’ve never had this happen before, even though it’s just him saying he would like to try.  So that was great!

Last week we set up a meal appointment with a member to bring Ooyong Jo to on Sunday.  So we were all excited to go, and we get there and it’s just him and no food.  He pulls out 1 apple, we sit down on the floor, and he starts talking about baptism and all this stuff.  We had just wanted to have dinner and keep it really light and share a little message at the end.  My comp and I were pretty freaked out!  But things turned out ok and we shared a portion of “Come and See” by Elder Bednar.  So it was nothing like we had thought we had planned or hoped for, but I think our investigator is still going to meet with us.  It was quite the scare though!  Darn language barrier.  I hate it!  I thought the plan had been so clear.  Anyways, life is good over here.  Still just trying to find people that will hear us out, or even just accept this free, amazing book we’re trying to give out.  I’m so sick of people saying they already have a Bible!  All I can do is invite but I want to be able to do more. 

Love,

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment