Monday, August 17, 2015

Pass Off


August 3, 2015

          So, I’m sorry to say that there is not a whole lot of good or exciting news this week.  We didn’t have a single lesson the entire week, so….it was just a little bit hard.  We set appointments, but people just never showed up.  We weren’t able to meet Bro Ha and he didn’t come to church either, so it’s not looking like he’ll be baptized on the 16th.  I still think that he’ll be baptized though, as long as we are able to meet him.  Sadly, we still haven’t been able to meet Bro Kong this transfer, and he just straight up lies about coming to appointments, so he’s basically dropped.  We need to find new investigators!  We talk to sooo many people each day, but no one is willing to give our message a chance. 

          We were not able to teach very much this week, but we feel good about the work we put in.  We are able to come home without any regrets each day.  I really just wish that we could find people who are willing to simply give it a try.  We’ll keep trying!!

          I also had my first district meeting as district leader.  It went ok I guess.  It was just kind of awkward, but it was just my first one.

          It was fast Sunday, so I want to share a little bit about what I bore my testimony on.  In our mission we have this thing called Pass Off which has several tasks to do and ways to advance.  One of the tasks is to learn 10 things about Buddhism from people.  So whenever we meet Buddhists, we try to ask about their beliefs.  Oddly enough, we have found that they don’t share!  It made me think that if we have lives and something we cherish, we will want to share it.  This applies to all of us too.  If people ask about our beliefs will we shy away or boldly share these truths?  Are we seeking out opportunities to share or are we afraid of what other people might think of us?  Through meeting with people of many different religions and by sharing the restored gospel, I have really come to see how great of a blessing it is and how grateful I am to it.  I’m learning a lot here and hoping and working to find those who are willing to accept the blessings of the restored truth.

          Elder Jace Anderson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment