Sunday, July 26, 2015

Funny Story


July 27, 2015

          We had a pretty good week here in Iksan.  Not as good as last week, but still good.  Bad news first, one of our investigators with a baptismal date sort of just disappeared and we can’t get a hold of him.  So that’s pretty sad.  But Brother Ha is doing very well!  We met during the week and taught Lesson 3, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and he is very excited for baptism.  When asked how the gospel applies to his life, he replied that it gives strength when times are hard, and then pretended to rip off his shirt as he yelled “Sparta!!” to show what it means.  Silly guy.  I love him so much.

          We also met a super sweet old guy on the street and set up an appt. for the next day.  He declined a return appt. but was super nice and gave us a referral!!  Those are quite rare by the way.  He was super awesome so I got a picture with him.  We also met another nice old guy at the park who I also took a picture with.  Speaking of parks, at zone conference President Shin did away with our language study time.  Instead we’re just supposed to find people to talk with at places like parks and what not.  Just talk with them, not proselyte and stuff with them.  So that’s new for sure. 

          Zone conference went really well, it was a fun time.  I also had my first leadership meeting afterward which was fun, and I was the youngest one there!  Haha but I’m not that young, I hit my year mark on Thursday.  So crazy!  It has been fun to look back and see how much I have progressed and changed over the last year.  Also, when Pres. sent me to Iksan, he sent me with the instruction to “change Iksan.”  At zone conference he hugged all of us after and said to my comp. the same thing.  I was right after and he said, “You’re already changing it.”  So that was great to hear.

          Funny story!  We were out of the house and far away at lunch time one day, so we went to a gas station like store to get something to eat.  I bought these noodle things and after putting in the hot water and microwaving it you have to dump out the water.  Well, I messed up and the lid came off as I poured it and dumped it all on the ground and burned my hand in the process.  No fun. 

          Things are going well here.  We have been blessed to meet so many nice people this last week.  I am really enjoying me time here and feel so blessed to serve the Lord here in Iksan, South Korea.

          Love,

          Elder Jace Anderson
Meat buffet for our year mark

 An awesome old guy we met!
Brother Ha

A guy we met at a cool little park!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I was just wondering what Jaces email was to write him a letter? I met Jaces dad at a farewell and thought I had it but wrote it down wrong.

    ReplyDelete