Monday, March 16, 2015

We have 4 investigaors!


March 16, 2015

          I guess the biggest thing that is going on right now is we have 4 investigators from mainland China.  Pretty cool!  Bryce and Jason who I met again last week, referred one of their other friends named Fred.  Yay!  Also, we are now taking over teaching Mark from the office elders.  The hardest thing is just helping them to believe anything because they have been taught their whole lives to not believe these things.  We are trying to help them come to know for themselves by making and keeping commitments, but it’s dang hard!  Also, all our leaders keep pushing us telling us to baptize them in 2 weeks, but we really don’t want to rush them into anything.  I have seen several cases of that and it does not turn out well at all. 

          Our 80 year old guy came to English class, and it was kind of ok I guess.  He is starting at the basics (alphabet) so when we started out with our opening comment, it was a bit frustrating for him.  I asked him if he would like to meet outside of English class, but he said no.  And he already attends a church so wouldn’t come to ours.  I feel like if he would just let us give our message he could take to it but it will be hard to find that chance. 

          Yep, I’m staying here is Samsung for another transfer and then I’ll likely head out.  Things are hard, I won’t lie, but I’m doing what I need to do.  And I just hope that I can help someone by doing it. 

          -Elder Jace Anderson
Some awesome kids we hung out with.  Just like India!

My district!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment