Sunday, September 6, 2015

Rubiks cube battle


August 31, 2015

          We were not able to meet with Jim or any of our other investigators this week.  People always say they will meet or come to church, but …there are some things we can’t control.  But we were able to meet a couple new people this week.  One of them is just English interest and asked us to do the gospel portion in English, and when we said we had to do it in Korean, it got super awkward and didn’t go too well.  Our other new investigator is a homeless man!  His name is Park Jongsoo, and we met him by just talking to him on the street.  He believes in God but thinks all the Korean churches are corrupt, so he has a lot of potential.  Just as long as he doesn’t keep wanting to live in the church…Haha but he’s a cool guy and speaks English really well actually. 

          We had potential to have about 8 lessons on Saturday and Sunday, but missionaries are people’s lowest priority.  But that’s ok!  We have another guy with potential so I really hope it works out.  This is the 1st week of my 4th transfer here and possibly my last in Iksan, so I really want to make a difference.  When I first came here I really felt like I would be able to help someone come unto Christ through baptism, so that’s the goal before I leave!  I realize that it is not the only way to measure success, but I feel like it is possible and I really just want to be a help to someone.

          A lot of people think we are crazy and think pretty poorly about us.  I’ve seen and heard it a lot.  But I know that this really is the one and only path back to the Father and I’m happy to offer my help.

          Elder Anderson

                                my district and my toe. ouch. at least I don't limp anymore!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment