Sunday, October 4, 2015

I'm staying


October 5, 2015

We slowed down a bit this week.  We weren’t able to meet as many people or have as many lesson but it was still a good week, especially the end.  We had 2 people come out to church!  A new old guy we had met on the street came out, but I think he felt a little bit of pressure from the members, well, 1 member.  Haha he got taught all of the Plan of Salvation in like 10 minutes after sacrament.  I was with our other investigator so there was nothing I could do about it.  Sister Moon came out to church!  And she asked bishop if he could give her a ride to church EVERY WEEK!  We weren’t able to meet her this last, but it seems like things will go well. 

We are meeting with this super cute family for English and they’re showing signs of progression (Jo Family).  We were also able to meet their dad who we though would be really tough, but he actually had interest and asked lots of questions.  The kids are 10 and 7 I think, and actually remember the stuff that we teach!  They’re really cute kids.

I went on a split with our ZL Elder Russell here in Iksan which went well.  We met 1 investigator and E. Russell kind of put a lot of pressure on him.  But that’s ok, he probably needed it.  He’s been an investigator for a while (Bro. Beak) without much progression. 

We had a couple funny things this week.  The first one is that we bought suits for $20!  There was a big sale so we went during dinner hour one day.  $20!  Pants and jacket.  Haha.  The second one was bad.  We were walking and started talking to this guy outside and restaurant.  He offered to feed us, so we accepted thinking we would be able to talk with him.  Big mistake.  He sat us down, ordered our food, and left.  Then we ate the worst food I have ever had in my life, stingray soup.  I can’t really explain it, but the smell of it would just attack your nose and get even worse when it got in your mouth.  It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done!  Food is super important here, so we had to keep going.  It sucked!

But we had a good week and it’s nice to see so much progression here.  Thanks everyone!  I love you all!

          Elder Jace Anderson

P.S. I am staying here in Iksan for my 5th transfer!  That means I’ll be here for like 7 monthsish.  It’s gonna be great and we’re going to have lots of success.  And definitely a baptism!!
elder skouson painfully eating the soup. my $20 suit!!
 
we also ate good food. more chicken!! my favorite food in korea. haha
 
 
stingray soup and silk worm larvae

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment