Sunday, February 14, 2016

Big Changes!

February 15, 2016

          Big changes this week!  First off, Elder Dubois got transferred to Daejeon, my old Samsung ward and is comps with my old comp Elder Kim Mingyun.  And my new companion is Elder Groves from Saratoga Springs.  He has been in Korea for around 6 months so it has been fun having a younger companion.  He’s a pretty cool guy and a good missionary so I’m looking forward to our time together and see good things in the future. 
          We were not able to meet as many people this week because of the holidays and transfers, but we had a good one.  I did a training on street proselyting on Tuesday which the district took really well.  The Filipina sisters talked to a guy on the bus who we met on Saturday and he came to church on Sunday!!  2 problems though, he has a bit of a mental issue, and he lives outside our boundaries so we have to give him to some other elders.
          We were able to meet Kim Oomin once this week (the possibly golden one).  He prayed every day!!  But he didn’t ask to know if God’s there so we committed him to do so.  We tried to get him to come to church but he said he had to do chores around the house.  So pray for him to come to have a stronger desire to come!!  Speaking of church, I had to translate because the sisters’ American investigator came and some other foreigners joined the ward.  Holy smokes, it is so hard!!  I was so scared that my poor translation would hurt the investigator’s chances of progression.  Hopefully it didn’t hurt. 
          We met our man Darius again from Liberia.  It was super fun.  I just love meeting with people and sharing our message.  It hit me recently that my time is running pretty short and it breaks my heart honestly.  I only have one shot at this and it is going by fast.  I’ve met so many amazing people and had great experiences, but I feel that there is more for me to do.  I just want to help someone accept this gospel and change their life.  We are trying so hard and doing new things, but it is much harder than I ever thought it would be.  All I want to do is find that one who is willing to give it a shot!  Kim Oomin still has a good chance, so I’m really hoping for that to work out.
          We’re trying to do more with the members now which is kind of scary, but we had a really fun visit with one couple.  Oh!  This random couple came to church yesterday.  We thought they were members, but nope!  So hopefully something cool happens with this.
          Well, we had a good week and are hoping for more to come.

          Elder Jace Anderson
                           Me and Elder Benefiel, and then a steak.......
 
Steak twice this week!


                                                             Our church
 
                                           My new companion Elder Groves!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment