Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Time's Going Pretty Fast

February 1, 2016

          This last week went by really fast, but I still don’t really have any good big news.  We did have a cool worldwide missionary training broadcast done by the apostles and other cool people.  It was a good time and I really felt that we need to work with the members better, so we’ve been trying lately.  It’s hard!  And scary.  They’re super nice, I just feel bad, like I’m a burden to them if we ask if we can visit.  But if we don’t initiate, nothing happens.

          We were able to meet Park Jonghoon with a recently returned missionary in the ward.  It was good to have him there to answer some of his odd questions.  He says he wants to be baptized, but he still won’t talk to his parents or come to church, and we’re not sure how strong his mental issue is, but it’s enough to where he might not go to Korea’s 2 year military service.  We were finally able to meet Song Gwangjeong, the 82 year old who had a baptismal date.  We found out that he doesn’t want to get baptized because he’s afraid of getting lots of responsibilities in the church.  He did come out to church yesterday though, so hopefully he keeps progressing.

          We were riding a bus to the church one day and I sat down next to this guy who is 23 years old I think.  We started talking and he said he is studying to be a cop, and he needs to learn English for it.  I told him about our English stuff and what we do and he was really interested, and we were able to meet that evening!  His name is Kim Oomin and is a pretty cool guy.  He doesn’t really have a religion but is pretty open and really good about asking and answering questions when we meet.  We also started meeting Choi Byounghoon again (we met him a while back but he got busy) and he has a lot more interest in what we believe.  We just need to get him out to church!

          I went on a split with Elder Medina which was fun.  It’s always good to have a change of pace.  The only problem was it was really rainy and I discovered that my shoes are destroyed and the sole is coming off the rest of the shoe.  Uh oh!  Needless to say, my feet were soaked and frozen.  We did get their companionship a nice new investigator though. 

          I talked with President on the phone last week and he said that if I want to baptize before I go home, I’m going to have to change up what I’ve been doing.  So we’re going to try to work with members better, but it’s pretty intimidating.  Hopefully we find some success!

          Time’s going pretty fast, so I’m really hoping that things will get picking up soon.  Thank you all for your support and prayers.

          Elder Jace Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment